SkillSet: finance, sales, ltd, mis, accountancy.
Senior Manager - Sales owns sales and business development efforts and targets. The pan India on-call sales team reports into this role. The Mumbai Business development targets and sales targets also roll up to this role. A key part of this role is to hire stellar sales people, train them and manage their performance. Leading by example is very important. This position reports to the CEO.
- Lead a team of salespeople. This includes both in field sales and on phone sales
- Hiring, training and managing performance of the sales team
- Set up/modify job descriptions and hiring protocols
- Hire stellar sales performers
- Set up/modify a sales process and train team on it
- Coach sales team on performance improvement. Best done by showing rather than telling.
- Manage performance - hold reviews, suggest improvements and if needed, fire.
- Own sales process, collaterals and scripts
- Be the frontline sales person for high value deals
- Achieving targets
- Regular reporting on pipeline
- Demonstrated skills in sales - prospecting to closure
- Team Management Skills
- Inculcating drive and hunger to achieve targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High energy
- Bias for action and quick execution
- Must have led a sales team. Finance domain preferred.