SkillSet: physical access control, event management, access control, machine learning, data science.
About India Engineering Center
India Engineering Center (IEC) is part of the global product development and engineering organization of Johnson Controls. Employing over 1400 engineers from multiple engineering discipline and specialization, we are spread across Pune, Mumbai and Gurgaon. We work in the product development space which ranges from core mechanical design, automation integration, development of embedded electronic components, software design and development, cloud application, machine learning and data science applications.
About Security Access Control Business
When Fortune 500 corporations, government customers, or any other enterprise applications concerned with critical security issues need a reliable solution in their day to day operations, more often than not, they turn to Johnson Controls and its security and event management technologies currently installed in thousands of facilities worldwide. Johnson Controls has built a solid reputation in the security industry as an innovator of security and event management technologies. With its continuous investment in RD, and the ability to leverage new technologies, Johnson Controls has reached technological excellence.
What you will do
You will be a key contributor to the design, development and implementation of requirements for large scale, mission critical, access control and security systems applications. This position will focus on new development of software products well as maintenance and stewardship of existing software product. This position requires the ability to work under minimal direction in collaboration with a team of engineers to design and develop robust system solutions that meet defined system requirements.
- We re a collaborative bunch, so you ll contribute to all phases of the SDLC, from planning, development, testing and release
- You will work closely with Scrum teams to deliver products on time with quality
- You ll also coordinate with the Architect s to understand and maintain an in-depth understanding of the current and upcoming requirements for proposed releases
- We work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time
How you will do it
You should be hands-on working closely with your peers in software development, testing, and Architects in the company to deliver best of breed solutions with your technical expertise. You will be responsible for below critical functions in helping us design leading products
- The most desirable candidate would be someone with excellent programming skills with experience in both windows and web based applications.
- Support software engineering development of complex projects; Deliver engineering tasks at the project level; Organizes engineering work in a logical manner.
- Able to meet project plans for development of a project; prioritizing work to accomplish demanding changes.
- Presents or makes recommendations on technical issues.
- The candidate should be very enthusiastic, self-motivated and a fast learner.
- Continuously improve development processes and procedures
- Perform automated unit testing
- Able to co-ordinate and work in global team environment
- Stays abreast of technology developments and their potential impact and opportunities on the organization.
- Applied expertise in continuous-integration and continuous-deployment models.
- Must be aware and able to work in Agile, Incremental or spiral development methodology.
- Ensuring no critical and high priority defects are found in the developed software products.
- 3-5 year in experience in software development with at-least 2 year experience working in parallel programming and multithreading applications using C# .NET.
- Experience with Web API and WPF.
- Experience in automated unit testing using NUnit or MSTest.
- Understands Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Team Foundation Server, Git or equivalent
- Familiar with troubleshooting in a MS Windows environment
- Ability to work exceptionally effectively in a team environment is required.
- Self-motivation, tenacity, flexible and reliable in approach to work
- Working knowledge in Security physical access control domain.
- Working Knowledge of Xamarin framework.
- Working experience in DevOps environment.