SkillSet: agile application development, front end, data grid, build projects, oracle database.
Role Summary/Purpose: The IT Developer will be responsible for development and support of Web based digital applications and delivering high-quality solutions. The ideal candidate would be part of a major technology transformation team responsible for moving towards cloud platform in micro services architecture using Spring Frameworks, in memory data grid, responsive design etc.
- Build new web solutions/platforms and enhancements, working closely with requirements analysts, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
- Responsible for the development of mission critical web applications / services
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Responsible for documentation, code reuse, re-factoring and design patterns standards compliance
- Ensure of internally developed applications are built with high standards of availability, scalability, and extensibility
- Work closely with an experienced staff comprising both Synchrony resources and vendor technical engineers
- Help define measurable goals for the team
- Communicate the status of build projects and other initiatives to stakeholders and leadership
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies while maintaining proficiency in existing technologies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 3 year of hands-on experience on Java and JEE technologies including frameworks like Struts, Hibernate and Spring.
- Ability to work with Ant, Maven, ECLIPSE/STS, GIT, SVN, Jenkins and other similar technologies.
- 1 year in Front end technologies like jQuery, Java Script and HTML
- Experience in Oracle database with good understanding of RDBMS
- Good understanding of SDLC processes (waterfall and Agile) and release management processes
- Willing to work flexible shift timings to be able to respond to emergencies
- Superior oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- For Internal candidates: 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role, should Internal applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume
- (Word or PDF format)
- Those who are on Formal/Final Formal Corrective or PIP are not eligible to apply
- Employees who have completed 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role are only eligible
- Last performance rating should be at least Strong Contributor/Critical Talent
- Strong working knowledge of the Financial Industry and Consumer Lending
- Experience in designing and developing applications using microservices architecture and cloud based technologies
- Experience on cloud platform, preferably on Pivotal Cloud Foundary with 1 year of hands-on experience in developing micro-services.
- Experience in Agile application development methodology
- Ability to achieve results in a cross-functional matrix organization involving multiple technologies, personnel and processes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Training and/or Certification in JEE and web based technologies
- Working knowledge in RDBMS
- Good oral and written communication
- Proven analytical, and problem-solving skills
Job Family Group: